We’re looking for more good videos of all types of gardens, projects, plant profiles and more. They don’t have to be professional quality; they just need to be watchable and contain no inaccurate information.
Video subjects we’re looking for:
- Your garden or any section thereof. Show just one time of the year, or throughout the season.
- Your garden projects, especially if you have before and after shots. Include details in the video itself or in the description.
- Your plants – your favorites, your failures, et cetera.
- Demonstrations – of creating your favorite container, etc.
- Surprise us.
Technical features we’re looking for:
- Sound quality good enough to hear. Outdoor videos with people speaking need to be done with external microphones, lavalier or hand-held, not in-camera microphones.
- Camera held steady.
- Quiet background music only.
- Horizontal, not vertical orientation.
- Videos already uploaded to your Youtube or Vimeo account, so you can just send us the link.
- More technical tips at DIY Video-Making.
Videos we don’t promote here:
- Talking heads, whether at a podium or into microphone facing a camera.
- Large blocks of text, typical of PowerPoint presentations.
- Promotions for products – unless they’re garden media products (TV, books, etc).